Many pet parents are purchasing CBD oil dog treats for their furry best friends with numerous CBD health benefits for dogs. Although they’re available online and in stores, nothing is as much fun as making them together with your pooch at home.
Getting to choose which natural ingredients and flavors to use like kale-carrot, blueberry-cranberry, pumpkin harvest flavor or peanut butter crunch make baking CBD oil dog treats at home a fun experience for all.
That said, it’s important to note that CBD oil measurements will vary according to your dog’s weight and health. CBD edibles for pets make life much easier and are fun to bake. Keep reading to find out more about CBD oil dog treats, how to use them, and why they are so popular today?
What is CBD?
CBD is a non-psychotropic Phytocannabinoid that offers both therapeutic and medicinal purposes for humans and pets. It is also natural, safe, and is derived from hemp and cannabis. Most CBD oil dog treats will use CBD from hemp. That said, there is no “high” and your furry best friend will not consume THC or tetrahydrocannabinol, resulting in psychoactive effects with your dog getting “high”.
Does CBD Have Side Effects?
CBD has few side effects. It may make your dog drowsy but is usually well-tolerated in most pets. With new CBD pet product lines geared toward healing and nurturing, the use of CBD oil-based products for dogs has become more extensive with product lines adding CBG, CBD, CBN, and CBA. These all work together to reduce anxiety, reduce bacteria, help with skin problems and hot spots, reduce pain, and provide numerous other positive benefits for dogs.
Here are some tasty and easy-to-bake CBD oil treat recipes for your pooch.
1. No-Bake Pumpkin and Turmeric CBD Dog Treats.
These no-bake treats are perfect for dogs with inflammatory conditions. Both CBD and turmeric have anti-inflammatory properties, and the crack of black pepper helps your dog absorb the goodness of turmeric.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 tsp. turmeric
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- CBD oil
Since this recipe makes 14 and lasts about two weeks, you can give your dog one a day, every day!
2. Berry Bliss Ball Dog Truffle Treats
Add CBD oil to frozen dog treats
This recipe delivers antioxidants and flaxseed along with CBD Oil, aiding in the dog’s health and digestion.
- ¾ cup dog-friendly berries mashed or pureed
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil warmed to liquid
- 3 tbsp. ground flax seed
- Sprinkle of Ceylon cinnamon (optional)
- Approximately 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Fine desiccated coconut (or other coating option) for rolling
- CBD oil
Making the Treats:
Thoroughly mash the berries in a mixing bowl (or puree for a more uniform truffle texture), and stir in the coconut oil. Add the ground flaxseed and incrementally add coconut flour. Add a little extra coconut flour or water if needed to adjust consistency to a nice sticky dough – precise measures can vary depending on the liquid in your fruit. The coconut oil will firm up when chilled, so this dough may feel slightly crumbly when warm. Press into small bite-sized balls, coat in coconut, and refrigerate until firm.
3. Peanut Butter CBD Cookies
Baked CBD Oil Dog Treats
Peanut butter is rich in protein and offers healthy fats like oleic acid which is a monounsaturated Omega-9 fatty acid.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 cups of old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon 100%OrganicCBDoil
- Coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 325°.
- We’ll be using coconut oil to infuse with CBD in our treats in this recipe. So, go ahead and mix a tablespoon of coconut oil with how many mg of cannabidiol you would like your per treat dosage to be.
- Mix oats into a blender until you get a flour-like consistency. Then, combine 1 ripe banana, mashed, along with peanut butter and the infused coconut oil. Stir this together with the oats and knead thoroughly until moistened.
- Slightly dust a flat surface with dough, then use your hands to shape the dough into a circle, about ¼ thick inch. Use a cookie cutter (this can be any shape or size!) and cut out the treats. Place the cutouts on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake until golden brown for approximately 25 – 30 minutes depending on the thickness of the treats. With the measurements included in this recipe, you can make about 30 treats for 1-inch thick treats or 15 for 2-inch treats.
Homemade CBD Oil Dog Treat Benefits
CBD offers a wide range of health benefits. That said, some of these potential benefits include anxiety relief and pain relief. When taking cannabidiol oil alone, it may not taste ideal, and most dogs tend not to enjoy the taste. When adding cannabidiol oil into a variety of tasty and healthy dog treats, you’ll allow for your pooch to enjoy them without trying to force him to consume the oil by itself via a tincture.
To get around any confusing issues and conflicting information, always consult with your veterinarian for the best advice before choosing a CBD product for your pooch! Be sure to scan the reviews, and to always opt for the highest-quality, natural CBD product for your pooch! This applies even when you’re baking CBD oil dog treats for your pets. Using high-quality cannabidiol oil when cooking is important.
Here are some benefits:
- Pain reliever
- May help with canine depression
- May provide relief from cancer side effects like chemotherapy and radiation
- Promotes skin health by preventing sebaceous gland cells from secreting too much sebum
- May provide benefits to dogs with neurological disorders
- Helps decrease inflammation in pets
- May help prevent cognitive decline
- It May be beneficial for cardiac health
- CBD may be beneficial in preventing tumor growth
- CBD helps with diabetes prevention by reducing diabetes by up to 56% and reducing associated inflammation in diabetic pets.
- Digestive issues
- Blood disorders
- Fights off free radicals and may prevent the development of cancer
That said, there still needs to be more research done on the benefits of CBD as an effective treatment for the above-mentioned health conditions. Consult with your veterinarian for advice.