CBD edibles are one of the tastiest ingredients you can use to make a healthy breakfast. Not only are they rich with therapeutic cannabinoids, but also energy-packed to keep you active throughout the day.
CBD contains a treasure trove of healthy vitamins and minerals. This is why more and more people are using CBD to make some delightful breakfast recipes. Owing to this, CBD is also fast-becoming the hottest wellness trend of this age.
CBD is especially an excellent choice for chronic anxiety, insomnia, or pain resulting from serious conditions like Multiple Sclerosis (MS), arthritis, and fibromyalgia. If you’re looking to go through your day with little discomfort, adding CBD oil to your breakfast meals should be at the top of your plan.
Here are some great ways to incorporate CBD into your breakfast dishes to get you started:
CBD is highly bioavailable. Therefore, you can easily add it to your morning coffee and enjoy its many medicinal benefits. Not only will this concoction make your coffee more palatable, but studies show that CBD-infused beverages boost energy and give you that extra push you need on a busy day.
Here’s the recipe of our CBD coffee you can easily make with ingredients in your kitchen:
- 1-2 teaspoons of your favorite coffee
- 1 cup of milk
- CBD oil
- Sugar to taste
- Vanilla extract (optional if you want a vanilla coffee)
- Mix the CBD oil and milk in a container. Put it over low heat. People have varying tastes so that the dosage will vary from person-to-person. Mostly, the recommended amount is between 5-10 drops per cup.
- Add one or two teaspoons of sugar or more depending upon your preferences. Stir the mixture and let it heat until it’s warm. If you want to give it a touch of vanilla, add some modest helpings of vanilla extract.
- Place some coffee grounds into your coffee cup. Pour the mixture you’ve prepared in the container in the cup, and you’re good to go!
Pro-Tip: If you want an extra-luxe morning coffee, use a milk foamer to gently whisk the CBD coffee to turn it into a delicious and colorful CBD cappuccino.
Super Berry CBD Smoothie
One of the best ways to power up after waking up, without having to deal with cooking a time-consuming breakfast, is to have a superfood rich smoothie. Smoothies are easy to prepare. Also, when your breakfast is packed with CBD, they keep you energized till lunch and beyond.
Here’s a great super berry CBD smoothie you can try out in the convenience of your home:
- One frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- One small avocado
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1-2 tablespoons CBD-infused honey (can work with maple syrup as well)
- 1-2 tablespoons chia or hemp seeds
- 15mg+ CBD oil tincture or CBD isolate powder
- Take a blender and blend the following: avocado, greek yogurt, berries, and whole milk.
- Wait for the mixture to become homogenized. Sprinkle hemp seeds, honey, or maple syrup to taste.
- Finally, add your preferred dose of CBD oil, and blend for about 20 seconds.
Voila! Your extra-healthy-super-powerful CBD berry smoothie is ready.
Pro-Tip: The recipe is pretty simple. All you need is to mix up a few things, and you’re done. Because of its convenient prep phase, there’s hardly any way you can mess it up. Also, if you’re short on time in the morning, you can make it a night before and store it in your fridge overnight for use the next day. Also, don’t hesitate to experiment. If you want to add some other fruits or ingredients, go on!
CBD Oat Bowl
Okay, you have your CBD beverages on the menu. But, if you want to go for something solid, well, we’ve got you covered there, too.
Our CBD overnight oats dish will pack a punch, especially if you have a long and demanding routine. To make a delicious CBD oat bowl for your breakfast, here’s what you have to do:
- ¾ cup Rolled oats
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup or honey
- 1 cup milk of choice (we recommend using almond milk)
- 1tbsp Chia Seeds
- 5-10 drops of CBD oil
- Fruits, seeds, or nuts of your choice for topping
- Mix the honey/maple syrup, rolled oats, and almond milk until the mixture is completely smooth. Use a bowl for this.
- Pour in the chia seeds to pack the mixture with healthy minerals and vitamins.
- Add your preferred amount of CBD oil and mix gently.
- Put the bowl in the fridge for at least 12-14 hours.
- Cut some fruits. Whatever you like — berries, avocado, bananas, etc. Season the oat bowl with these toppings. Your oat bowl is ready. You can have it immediately or take it with you to work.
This CBD oat bowl is a great option if you want to keep yourself charged for longer periods.
CBD Avocado Toast
Avocado is one superfood that is on every fitness fanatic’s list. When combined with CBD oil, it makes for a very powerful health snack. To make a CBD-infused avocado toast for your breakfast, here’s what you need:
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Avocado
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 Slices of your bread of choice
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- CBD Oil
- Paprika (optional)
- Make the eggs of your liking. Scrambled, poached, or whichever kind suits you best.
- Peel the avocado’s outer covering, place it in a bowl and mix it with lemon juice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast your bread.
- Make a mixture of salt, pepper, CBD oil, and olive oil.
- Spread the avocado lemon mixture on your toasted bread. Then, top it up with eggs.
- Sprinkle a final helping of CBD oil to finish.
If you wish to make this recipe vegan, you can simply replace the eggs with hummus. If you’re on the carnivore diet, opt for some bacon slices instead. To turn this into a Mediterranean meal, add one additional topping of smoked bacon. The choices are endless.
Do you have more creative CBD breakfast ideas to match our recommendations? If so, let us know below!