Each cannabinoid is unique in its own way. Despite this, there’s a lot of information on THC and CBD and not even close enough on CBG. Let’s learn a bit more about CBG and some of the best recipes you can make using CBG.
CBG, or cannabigerol, is called the mother cannabinoid because it gives earth to all other compounds in the cannabis plant. Therefore, it has been linked to similar benefits THC and CBD have.
However, there’s an important difference between CBG and CBD, and THC. While cannabigerol and cannabidiol are non-psychoactive, i.e., they are not psychotropic substances that produce a high, THC can alter consciousness. Many people are wary about using cannabis products because of THC. However, if your CBG or CBD oil is from a hemp source, there’s no reason to worry. CBG extracted from hem contains trace amounts of THC.
One of the benefits of cannabigerol is indicated to provide sleep promotion. This is because of CBG’s ability to interact with the body’s natural endocannabinoid system and regulate important functions critical for a good night’s sleep. From alleviating anxiety and stress and curbing pain, CBG oil may help many people overcome the mountainous obstacles of poor sleep and insomnia.
The best part about CBG is its excellent safety profile. You can add it to a variety of recipes without worrying about getting high. And this is true for high doses as well. In fact, certain studies suggest that CBG may counteract the unwanted effects of THC, such as anxiety and delirium, thus promoting better sleep.
Health benefits of CBG Oil For Sleep
The market is rife with medications to treat sleep-related issues. There are antidepressants and muscle relaxants, and a host of other options. However, they come with chronic side effects and may exacerbate sleep in the long run instead of helping.
Because CBD oil is a natural remedy and doesn’t pose any of the risks associated with conventional medications, more and more people prefer it as a sleep-aid. Some of the potential benefits of taking CBG oil before bedtime include:
- Antibiotic effects
- Analgesic (relieves pain)
- Potential therapeutic effects for psoriasis and similar skin conditions
- AntidepressantAntioxidant effects
- Anti-inflammatory (reduces inflammation)
- Aids sleep
- Relieves anxiety
- Muscle relaxant
- Promotes bone growth
- Appetite stimulant
- Anti-convulsive (reduces seizures and convulsions)
- Antibacterial (slows bacterial growth)
- Anti-proliferative (inhibits cancer cell growth)
- Brain cell stimulant (promotes neuron growth)
- reduction in intraocular pressure
What disorders can CBG treat?
Researchers suggest CBG may be used as a viable treatment for many conditions, alongside insomnia because of these benefits. These include:
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Anti-inflammatory disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Chronic pain
- Huntington’s disease
- Methicillin-resistant microbial strains such as MRSA
- Low appetite
- Bladder dysfunction
Must-try CBG recipes for good sleep that will give you a restful night
If you’re looking to incorporate CBG into your bedtime regimen to get instant shut-eye, here are some excellent CBG recipes you can try out. They don’t require a lot of work and are safe to consume.
CBG sleep cocktail
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1 cup tart cherry juice
- Half dropper root tincture
- *Your preferred dose of CBG tincture
All you have to do is mix all of these ingredients in an eight-ounce glass and take the resulting beverage half an hour before bedtime for best results.
CBG bliss balls
- half cup macadamia nuts1 tbsp coconut oil
- 250grams of almond flour
- 100 grams of unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ ground cinnamon
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp of your preferred CBG tincture
- Get a blender and grind macadamia nuts until they form a thick and consistent paste.
- Mix the CBG and coconut oils to form macadamia butter.
- Take a large bowl and mix these ingredients: Macadamia butter, ground cinnamon, almond flour and coconut mixture, and vanilla extract. Keep mixing until the ingredients blend into each other and have respectable consistency.
- Evenly distribute cacao nibs in the bowl.
- Knead on tbsp. of dough and spread it over the bowl of cacao nibs
This recipe has a really long shelf life, so you save the hassle of creating big batches. It’s perfect for consuming some hours before bedtime for a good night’s sleep.
Healthy CBG oil gummies for sleep
- 100 grams of gelatin powder
- 120 grams of your preferred juice (concentrate)
- Two tbsp raw honey
- A preferred dose of CBG oil
- Turn the stove on to medium heat. Put a saucepan over it.
- Pour the juice into the saucepan.
- Add gelatin powder and honey.
- Change the heat settings to low after two minutes.
- Keep on mixing until the gelatin dissolves.
- Add CBG oil after removing the saucepan from the stove.
- Use silicone molds to give your recipe a shape.
- Refrigerate for three hours
You can take these CBG gummies at any time of the day as healthy snacks. However, they work best before sleeping.
CBG turmeric ginger Recipe
- 1 cup carrot or your preferred juice
- A single tbsp turmeric
- 1 inches ginger (thinly chopped)
- One teaspoon agar-agar powder
- half a teaspoon of black pepper
- half a teaspoon of cayenne powder
- 10-12 doses of CBG oil
- Mix every ingredient in the saucepan, except the CBG oil
- To prevent clumps, season your saucepan with agar-agar
- Heat around for six to seven minutes, to the point of a good simmer
- Mix the CBG oil
- Let it cool for ten minutes and pour it into the molds
- Refrigerate for an hour
Turmeric and CBG oil are both considered superfoods, which makes this such a great recipe not just for sleep but also for various other conditions.
CBG has many potential benefits. Many people have suggested that it’s a great sleep aid and may help treat stress and anxiety triggered insomnia? To make the best out of CBG oil, make sure you’re using a full-spectrum extract of the cannabis. Also, know important indicators which make a good CBG oil product. There are a lot of products on the market riddled with misleading advertising. Some CBG products may also contain harmful additives.