What is CBD oil?
Cannabidiol (CBD) oil is a product that is gotten from the cannabis plant. Though CBD is gotten from cannabis, it doesn’t make someone “high” or intoxicated. Another form of a cannabinoid known as THC is responsible for intoxication. What helps CBD oil be better than others? Let’s find out.
There have been different and clashing opinions that have created controversies on the uses of CBD oil, yet CBD has proved effective in the body. It has been showing signs of health benefits that have led to loads of research on it.
Benefits Of CBD Oil
CBD Oil has proved effective in the body system in several ways. According to a research in 2018, reasons for taking CBD oil include;
- Stress, Anxiety, and disorder.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder(PTSD)
- Sleep Disorder.
- Arthritis or Joint Pain.
- Severe Pain.
- Asthma and related allergies.
- Epilepsy and other seizure disorder
- Parkinson’s diseases
- Alzheimer’s diseases.
What makes CBD oil better?
The major difference between CBD oil and other conventional drugs is how CBD oil relieves pain in the body system. Let’s explore different ways CBD oil relieves pain;
Scientists have advised that patients diagnosed with Chronic anxiety to stay away from Cannabis due to the THC properties present in it . CBD oil ,however, is encouraged because it helps to reduce anxiety.
- Scientists think CBD oil may be able to change the way the brain’s receptors react to serotonin, a chemical that is connected to mental health.
- Another research discovered that a 600mg dose of CBD helped people with social anxiety give a speech.
- Other studies conducted on animals showed that CBD reduces stress in the body.
- CBD oil decreases physiological effects of anxiety by increasing the heart beat rates and so on.
- It improves symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- CBD helps cure insomnia by inducing sleep.
Natural Pain relief and anti inflammatory properties.
Research conducted with animals has shown that CBD oil has anti inflammatory properties that helps relieve pain by working on the endocannabinoids and pain systems.
Conventional drugs can help with the pain but CBD oil is seen as a natural alternative for the chemicals embodied in other drugs.
- Studies have shown that CBD oil prevents the compounds that causes inflammation in the body.
- Other studies have shown that CBD oil applied in the skin can prevent skin inflammatory diseases and scars.
Research has not been concluded on whether CBD oil can serve as treatment for Epilepsy but it has reduced the amount of seizures in persons with epilepsy.
The FDA has approved a drug Epidiolex, a purified form of CBD, for the treatment of Lennox-Gastaut and Dravet Syndrome for persons over 3 years. These firms of epilepsy have the most uncontrollable symptoms.
Researchers are starting to understand how CBD oil stops seizures without sedating the patient unlike the conventional medicine.
Research has shown that the application of CBD oil can relieve the pain and inflammation caused by Arthritis with little side effects. The application of CBD oil works faster than when taken orally cause CBD oil is poorly absorbed.
Withdrawal Symptoms from quitting drugs and smoking
CBD oil has helped to go through withdrawal symptoms from quitting substances in the following ways;
- A 2013 research showed that smokers who inhaled CBD smoked less often and got rid of their cravings.This proves that CBD helps to quit smoking.
- A 2018 study showed that due to its soothing and relaxing effect, CBD helped to reduce cravings during withdrawal from tobacco.
- Another review published in 2015 shows evidence that CBD helps people with disorders from opioid addiction.
Treatment of Cancer
Research is ongoing about the role of CBD in preventing the growth of cancer cells . CND may help remove the symptoms and side effects of cancer treatment.
A review article published in 2020 has advised that CBD oil be added to chemotherapy drugs to help boost the immune system’s response to cancer treatment. Ongoing researches are looking to find out how CBD can;
- prevent anxiety and stress.
- stop the growth of cancer cells.
- reduce the side effects of chemotherapy
- boost the function of chemotherapy
Anti- Acne treatment
The impact of CBD in the immune system can help to reduce inflammation in the body system. This way, CBD oil is effective for the treatment of acne.
- Studies have shown that CBD oil stops the activities in the sebaceous glands which is responsible for producing sebum. Sebum is the oily substance that moisturizes the skin, too much sebum leads to acne.
- Applying CBD oil to the skin can also help to reduce inflammation in psoriasis and other skin diseases.
- Though there’s no evidence as to it’s effectiveness, CBD oil is fast becoming a major ingredient in skin cream and ointment. It is advisable to visit your dermatologist to discuss the quantity needed for your skin type.
Scientists are conducting research on the receptor in the brain (CB1) to learn how CBD can help in treatment of neurodegenerative disorder in humans. These are diseases that make the brain and nerves deteriorate over a period of time.
Scientists are researching the use of CBD in the following neuro diseases;
- Alzheimer’s diseases
In 2014, a research showed that CBD helps people with Alzheimer’s diseases to retain the faces of familiar people. Another research showed that CBD can slow down the effects of the disease on the patient.
- Parkinson’s diseases
CBD shows promise for improved quality of life for people living with Parkinson’s diseases.
- Multiple Sclerosis
How to Use CBD Oil?
There are different ways of using CBD oil. It is important to get a doctor’s prescription before use. Methods of using CBD oil include;
- Mixing with your food or drink
- Making use of a pipette or dropper to administer orally.
- Applying the oil on your skin
- Spraying on the tougue.
- Mixing with cream or gels.
Lots of research are going on to explore all aspects of CBD and determine how it can be used instead of conventional medicine. It is also important to emphasize that all CBD products should be used only with a doctor’s prescription.