What is Wild Hemp?
Wild hemp, also known as wild marijuana, is wild-growing cannabis generally descended from industrial hemp plants previously cultivated for fiber, with low or negligible amounts of psychoactive tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
Things to know about it
- It is often described as a scattered hemp plant with no proof of planting, tending, or fertilizing.
- They are said to have arisen from industrial hemp plants planted during World War 2.
- The plants naturally spread seeds and grew in the wild like weeds.
- Compared to cultivated cannabis, it has just a small amount of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
- It is one of the oldest cultivated plant species, also known as Cannabis Sativa.
- The Oil obtained from it is known for having health benefits for diabetes, cancer, asthma, depression, arthritis, hypertension, etc.
- CBD is the major and dominant cannabinoid found in Wild hemp.
- You can find most of the cannabinoids ( CBN, CBD, THC, CBC, etc.) in the wild hemp’s crown, the hemp flower.
- The flower has a very sticky resin.
What happens when you light up a Wild hemp roll?
When you light up a wild hemp roll, you are activating the cannabinoid present in it. The act or process of heating up the wild hemp flower either by smoking or boiling is known as decarboxylation. Advantages of decarboxylation include ;
- Its cannabinoids are always in their acidic form before decarboxylation, for example, Cannabidiol(CBD) is Cannabidiolic acid before decarboxylation.
- The cannabinoids have to be activated in order to interact with the receptors of the endocannabinoid system.
- The process of decarboxylation is essential in order to get the benefits of the Wild hemp flower and activate it’s healing properties.
Advantages of Smoking Wild Hemp
Hemp flowers are rich in different compounds that benefit the health and well being of a person. The benefits of smoking hemp include:
The Entourage Effect
Studies have shown that wild hemp creates better effects when taken as a whole plant with all the cannabinoids and terpenes than when taken separately.
- A 2011 review from the British Journal of Pharmacology revealed that terpenes combined with cannabinoids have proven to be better and potent compared to when isolated.
- The theory that each wild hemp property can enhance properties of other components when combined is known as “The Entourage Effect”.
- This shows that all cannabinoids are essential either in large and small quantities.
- CBD has nice properties and all but when combined with other wild hemp components, it works together for the best results.
Due to this, many people prefer smoking the whole hemp instead of using CBD products for the best results.
Wild Hemp creates Faster results
Studies have shown that smoking it is the fastest delivery of Cannabidiol (CBD) into the bloodstream.
- This is due to the quick absorption of the smoke into the lungs which creates a soothing effect in minutes.
- Smoking Wild Hemp gives an immediate relaxing effect compared to other means of consumption that takes up to 30 minutes to swing into action.
Wild Hemp is cheaper and affordable.
Getting CBD products from a reliable supplier can be quite expensive and stressful. Hemp rolls are cheaper and easier to access as they are more effective than the regular CBD products. In other words, if you are looking for a cheaper way to get the health benefits of CBD, smoke a hemp roll, joint or blunt.
This means the amount of CBD absorbed into the bloodstream after you consume it.
- The percentage of Bioavailability in edibles can be as low as 6%.
- However, when you smoke wild hemp, the percentage of CBD absorbed can be as high as 70%.
- This means the body absorbs CBD faster and obtains enough into the body system when you smoke wild hemp compared to using other CBD products.
Smoking Wild Hemp gives a soothing effect and relaxation.
Most people will count this as the first benefit of smoking hemp. Hemp is known for relieving stress and relaxing effects.
- Wild Hemp can make you either more energized or sleepy — many times depending on the strain and the time of the day you are consuming it.
- Smoking Wild Hemp can help you avoid the aftermath of too much THC.
Natural Aroma and Taste.
It smells like Cannabis and weed which gives out a strong and natural fragrance. Due to a large number of terpenes, Quality hemp has a distinct aroma.
- Each hemp strain has a different combination of terpenes that gives its particular smell and aroma, a sign of quality.
- Some strains have a more floral aroma, while others have a more fruity flavor.
- If your hemp has no smell or smells like grass, it signifies that the hemp is not of good quality.
Methods of Smoking Wild hemp
- Wild Hemp pre-roll or pre-blunt.
This is the most common way of smoking hemp. Some prefer to roll the blunt themselves, but you can also purchase a pre-roll from the store. Always check for additives before buying.
- Smoking Pipes.
It is easier to use pipes to smoke hemp. You can just pack the hemp into the pipe, light it up and inhale for a nice experience.
- Wild Hemp Cigarettes.
This is also a common method for taking hemp, however it is not advisable due to the adverse effects of cigarettes on the lungs.
Side effects of smoking hemp.
As much as there are many advantages to smoking Hemp, there are also downsides to this. The disadvantages of smoking hemp include ;
- Interaction with Prescribed Medication.
It is advisable to consult your medical practitioner before taking wild hemp. One major side effect of wild hemp is that it interacts with prescribed meditation and this could lead to adverse effects on the body system.
- Lung infections.
Generally, Smoking is bad for the lungs. Though hemp has lots of health benefits, smoking it puts the lungs at a high risk of inflammation and irritation.
- Bad Toxins.
The smoke released when hemp is set on fire contains harmful toxins. These toxins damage cells in the body.
Smoking Hemp gives lots of health benefits but there are also disadvantages conveyed with smoking. Consult your doctor before taking hemp. If you have an underlying lung disease, it’s advisable to try other options.