Does your hair feel dry, brittle, and dull? Are you suffering from frizzy hair and split ends? Frequent use of hair dryers or hair products, such as bleaching, coloring, or straightening, will dry and damage the hair. Dry hair is more likely to break and split ends.
The first step to stop the hair damage is to change some of your everyday hair routines. Learn good hair habits and treat your hair with deep conditioning and moisturizing remedies to promote the growth of new, more healthy hair.
Causes of dry hair
Hair that does not retain or get enough moisture continues to get dull, frizzy, and lifeless. While this can happen to someone at any age, it tends to be more familiar to older people. There are many causes of having dry hair, which is as follows:
- Environmental conditions such as living in a scorching, dry environment
- A lot more exposure to the sun and wind
- Too much exposure to salt or chlorine-treated water
- Using so many chemicals in your hair
- Hairstyling products include straighteners and curlers
- Excessive hair wash
- Rough hair cleaning products
- Mental illnesses such as anorexia, hypothyroidism, hypoparathyroidism, and Menkes Syndrome
Here are 8 of the best hair remedies you may have in your home for conditioned, smooth, and manageable hair.
1. Aloe Vera Mask for Nourishing Dry Hair
Aloe vera is one of the greatest ingredients that can be used to heal damage and dryness. It also improves the health of the scalp and encourages good hair growth.
You Will Need
- 3 tbsp Yogurt
- 4 tbsp Aloe Vera
- 2 tbsp Carrier Oil
- In a cup, combine all the ingredients so you have a consistent mixture.
- Section your hair and start applying the hair pack to the tips from the roots of your hair.
- Leave the pack in for half an hour, then clean it with warm water and shampoo.
This pack suits well on both dry and mixed hair types. It leaves the hair looking smooth, silky, and healthy.
2. Massage with Lemon Juice for an Ultimate Clean
The lemon’s acidic quality makes it ideal for balancing the pH of your scalp and cleaning your hair.
You Will Need
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 cups of water
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients and set aside.
- Shampoo and condition your hair, then use the filtered juice of the lemon as a final rinse.
- Let them air dry out your hair.
This lemon juice rinse will soothe the frizz and flyaways while adding a natural shine to your hair
3. Amla Powder And Lime Juice
Indian gooseberry or amla will do miracles for dry hair. It not only conditions the hair but also nourishes it.
- Mix the powder and lime juice in a cup until you have a consistent paste
- Apply this to your scalp, starting from the roots and working your way down to the ends.
- Please leave it in for 10 minutes, then clean it out with cold, warm water.
This organic hair mask for dry hair not only cleans the hair but also provides shine and nourishment.
4. Egg Yolk, Olive Oil, And Vitamin E Mask – A Moisture Pack for Dry Hair
Egg yolks are an excellent cure for dry and damaged hair.
- Whisk the egg yolks until they are slightly soft and then apply the oils to the egg yolks.
- Shampoo your hair and squeeze the extra water out.
- Start applying the egg mixture to the hair from the root to the tips.
- Leave the mixture for 10 minutes, and wash it out with cold water.
You will need to use this remedy for dry hair at least once a week to get the results you expect. Adding lemon juice to this combination to fix problems such as dandruff or aggravated scalp.
5. Rice Milk And Honey Hair Wash for Dry and Damaged Hair
If your hair is dull and rough, the mask will regain shine and nourish your hair. Honey is an excellent natural emollient that seals moisture in your hair shafts.
- Take a cup of rice milk and add two tbsp of honey.
- In a cup, combine the ingredients until they are consistent.
- Spread the paste over the hair and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off.
This is a perfect way to get the lustrous hair in a few minutes. You’ll enjoy the smell of your hair, too, once it’s dry.
6. Egg Yolk And Water Mix
Egg Yolk is another excellent dry hair treatment. It conditions the hair shafts and keeps them moisturized.
- Take two eggs and extract the yolks from the whites.
- Add three tablespoons of water and beat until the mixture is softly fluffy.
- Apply all over your hair and wait 30 minutes before washing.
- Use cold water to wash your hair. Which prevents the egg from “cooking” and controls the smell.
You’re going to be surprised at the instant shine of your hair.
7. Homemade Hot Oil Treatment For Brittle and Dry Hair
Hot oil therapy is one of the easiest and most effective treatments for dry hair.
You will need 2 Tbsp of:
- Almond Oil
- Olive oil
- Jojoba Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Mix all the oils in a medium-sized pot and heat. (You can modify this mixture by adding or replacing oils)
- Don’t overheat as you’re going to end up damaging your scalp. Make sure it’s warm, not hot.
- Massage your hair with this mixture of oil and wrap it in a towel.
- Within 30 minutes, unwrap and shower with a soft shampoo.
This remedy will give you smoother, more glossy, and healthier tresses.
8. Coconut and Avocado Pack for Dry hair
Avocado contains oils that mimic the natural oil created by your scalp. It contains nutrients, proteins, and vitamins A, D, E, K, and B that fix and replenish dry and damaged hair.
- Mash the avocado.
- Apply half a cup of coconut milk to the smashed avocado. Mix until the paste has become smooth.
- Apply this pack to your hair, starting with the roots and working your way down to the tips.
- Leave in for 45 minutes to an hour, then wash out with cold, warm water and a mild shampoo.
This is one of the most conditioning hair packs you can use to fix dry, damaged hair.
Additional Haircare Tips for Dry Hair
Making some dietary changes and taking preventive care will help to minimize dry hair. Tips include:
- Instead of tight ponytails, wear loose hairstyles.
- Apply a moisturizing hair mask every week.
- Use soft shampoos, such as natural or sulfate-free shampoos.
- Use cold or tepid water instead of hot water to wash your hair. Cold Water helps to seal the cuticles and decreases the loss of moisture.
- Use soft and padded hair accessories.
- Avoid metal clips and other metal accessories.
- Stop washing your hair too much, instead of washing it every few days.
- Avoid overuse of hair styling products, including hair coloring and heated styling equipment, such as blow dryers, curling iron, and flat iron.
- Regularly trim the hair to avoid split ends.
- Wear caps and scarves to shield your hair from the sun.
- Drink lots of water and eat a healthy, balanced diet, as what a person eats will directly affect their hair’s health.
Trying home remedies for your dry hair is simple enough, without any harm to you. Yet long-term hair loss and hair loss may be a symptom of other health conditions. Talk to a dermatologist if you have any of the following symptoms:
- The hair that falls out of the clumps
- Bald patches or patterns of baldness;
- Hair that can break when you wash it