Dandruff is very a common condition that affects nearly 50% of people. An itchy scalp and flakiness are the signs of Dandruff. It’s not only on the scalp but also affects the ears, side of the nose, eyebrows, beard, and hairy chest. Dandruff is also called ‘Seborrhoea’ and ‘Seborrheic dermatitis.’ The exact cause of Dandruff is unknown. But various factors increase the risk. Sometimes dandruff areas turned into pink and red inflamed skin. Despite being embarrassing and challenging to treat, Dandruff can be treated.
Causes Of Dandruff
- Dry skin: People with dry skin are more likely to have this problem.
- Shampooing hair: Certain products contain harmful chemicals, cause itchy and scaling scalp.
- Not enough Hair brushing: Regular combing and brushing the hair reduce the dandruff problem.
- Emotional and mental stress: Reduce mental stress by doing yoga or other interesting activities.
- Poor hygiene and diet: having poor hygiene food and not taking enough vitamins, namely B, zinc can increase the risk.
- Chronic health condition: Know about your health condition and try to cure the problem.
- Yeast: Yeast might be one of the causes to increase Dandruff.
Best Home Remedies for Dandruff
If you depend entirely on dandruff shampoo, skip that and try these best home remedies for dandruff treatment. Sure, you will get better results.
Fenugreek seeds have been the best remedy for Dandruff since ancient times because these seeds contain nicotinic and proteins that are highly effective in getting rid of Dandruff.
- Soak 3-4 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in a cup of water overnight (8 hours).
- Grind the fenugreek seeds and take the paste in a bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Apply the paste on your scalp and hair.
- Let’s dry it for 30 minutes.
- Finally, wash it with lukewarm water.
Coconut oil is a natural remedy for Dandruff as it moisturizes the scalp that helping to restore scalp health and reduce flaky skin.
- Take 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil (depending on the length of your hair).
- Heat the oil on the stove, do not make it too hot.
- Dip your fingers into the oil and use them to massage your scalp smoothly.
- Massage your scalp for 5-10 minutes.
- Then wash it off with a good condition shampoo after 30 minutes.
Lemon contains citric acid that helps balance the pH of your scalp and fight Dandruff from the roots of the hair follicles.
- Take 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Mix it with two tablespoons of coconut oil or Aloe Vera.
- Massage on your scalp for 5- 10 minutes.
- Please leave it in your hair for 30 minutes, then wash with lukewarm water and good Shampoo.
Olive oil contains Oleic acid and monounsaturated omega-9 fatty acid, which helps to soften the flakes and dissolve excess oil and dirt from your hair follicles.
- Take 2-3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Warm it for a while. Do not make it too hot.
- Take oil with your fingers and massage smoothly on your scalp for at least 5- 10 minutes.
- After letting it sit for 30 minutes, wash it with lukewarm water and a good shampoo.
In addition to being filled with essential fatty acids, amla is also the best remedy for Dandruff.
- Extract juice from fresh amla and add 2 tbsp of lemon in it, then mix well.
- Apply this over your scalp smoothly.
- Leave it for 30 minutes, then wash it with lukewarm water.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is proven to have potent anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties, which help to fight fungus and the severity of Dandruff.
- Ensure about your mild Shampoo.
- Shake your Shampoo (light) vigorously after adding 5-10 drops of tea tree oil.
- Massage on your scalp gently rinses with lukewarm water.
Aloe Vera contains antioxidant and antibacterial properties, which are used to treat burns, dental plaque, treating for canker sores, and Dandruff.
- Cut off some Aloe Vera leaves, remove the spines.
- Remove the bottom and top layers of leaves.
- Now extract the gel from leaves and add 1 tbsp of lemon juice, then mix well.
- Apply it on your scalp gently.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and wash with mild Shampoo.
Neem is called a panacea as it has so many medical properties. It is the best antibacterial which reduces Dandruff.
- Grind some neem leaves to make the paste.
- You can add 2 tbsp lemon juice for more results.
- Dab it on your scalp gently and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash it with warm water and Shampoo.
Garlic is an excellent natural and herbal remedy for Dandruff. It contains allicin, anti-fungal, and anti-candida, which helps to reduce Dandruff.
- Take 5-6 garlic cloves (based on your requirement) and mash it with a garlic press to make a paste.
- Add 2 tbsp of honey or coconut oil and mix well.
- Apply that on your scalp gently wash after 30 minutes with a mild shampoo.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has acetic acid. Therefore, it is the best remedy for Dandruff.
- Mix equal parts of water and apple cider vinegar (1/4 cup each) in a spray bottle.
- Spray on your after Shampoo.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and wash it with warm water.