Winters don’t necessarily have to be dull and boring, especially if you have these CBD recipes with you. You can spend the entire day cuddled up in your blanket and have a dish worthy of the winter season by your side. You might have to swallow the hard pill and spend some time in the kitchen, but it’s worth it — rest assured.
The holiday season during winters especially catches some people off guard. There’s a lot to do, from buying presents, making the perfect Christmas meal, and trying your best to keep everyone satisfied and happy. This sounds a lot. But, with a little effort and the right ingredients and seasonings, there’s no reason to believe you can have fun while keeping yourself busy.
The reason why holiday baking seems repetitive and monotonous is that people tend to use their imagination. They make the same things repeatedly — salad dressed turkey, simple pancakes for breakfast, and all the regulars. Why not break the routine and experiment with something new. Something that hasn’t been given the limelight as much.
CBD is the perfect inclusion in so many recipes especially when we talk about winters. It adds taste and aroma and a distinct personality to your dishes. And the rising popularity of CBD means you can easily get it from your nearby grocery store or mall.
If you’re worried CBD edibles will make you high, you have nothing to worry about. CBD is not extracted from Marijuana. Therefore, it’s non-intoxicating and has an excellent safety profile. But, if you’re still worried, you can get low-CBD-containing edibles from the market, which are readily available.
CBD is a great way to reduce anxiety and simmer down at the end of an exhausting day. From red velvet cakes to hot chocolates, here are our favorite CBD recipes for the winter season.
Red Velvet CBD Cake: A Perfect Dessert Recipe for Winters
Whose mouth doesn’t salivate at the thought of goodness filled velvet cake? A velvet cake is unlike your traditional cake. It’s fluffier, more buttery, and drips with liquid fillings. So, it’s only reasonable that its making is a bit trickier. Here’s what you need to make the perfect velvet cake for a cold-rustling winter.
- 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 2 ¾ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 ¾ cups of granulated sugar
- 2 large room temperature eggs
- ¾ cup of canola oil
- 10 drops of CBD oil
- 1 ¼ cup of buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons dark red food coloring
- 4 ounces of slightly softened butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 16 ounces of soft cream cheese
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- Set the oven to 355 degrees.
- Cover the pan with parchment paper
- Carefully fill a bowl with moist ingredients. This includes beaten eggs.
- Take a separate bowl and mix all solid ingredients in it.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients
- Place the mix in the pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes
- Once done, flip the cake into a cooling rack.
- Get to the frosting part while the cake is cooling down.
- Take a bowl and mix cheese, butter, and powdered sugar.
- Add vanilla to the mix and beat the ingredients until they are mixed well.
Take out the cake from the cooling rack, add your frosting and decorate with no strings attached!
CBD-infused Lavender Hot Chocolate
When warm chocolate infused with lavender melts inside your mouth, your taste buds roll out to thank you for choosing the treat. And on a cold winter’s night, this appreciation is at cloud nine — almost to the point of being cloying. We don’t know about you, but making this mug is the best thing we’ve done this blistering winter.
Here’s how you can make this CBD-infused hot chocolate and warm your insides with a mug full of warmth and deliciousness.
- 1 tablespoon dried culinary lavender
- 1 cup of unsweetened plant-based milk of choice (GO for help and almond as coconut is a bit strong and may overwhelm the overall flavor)
- 2 tbsps. Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop of neutral-flavored CBD oil
- 2 tbsps. Maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Take a small pot and add some milk to it.
- Bring the pot to a boil.
- Add lavender to the pot.
- Cover the pot with a lid
- Strain the mixture with a mesh. This will remove the strong lavender taste.
- Add maple syrup, salt, CBD oil, and vanilla.
… And you’re ready to serve!
Chocolate Reindeer Mousse
This is one of our top dishes for winter. It’s a great way to top up yourself after a grand festive meal. The best part is it’s not heavy on the stomach, so you don’t have to worry about feeling bloated and overburdened. And when you add CBD to these recipes in winters, trust me, you won’t go back to the traditional dish ever again.
- 6 pitted dates
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3-4 tablespoons cold water
- 2 pitted and scooped avocados
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 15 drops CBD oil
- Mix the vanilla, maple syrup, cold water, cocoa powder, and dates.
- Add the mixture to a food processor.
- Process until smooth. Make sure you don’t leave anything on the sides. Get it all out to avoid wastage.
- Once done, add two avocados and the CBD oil.
While processing, add two tbsps. Of cold water.
Your mousse is ready at this point. But, if you want to be a little bit creative, pour the mousse into four different cups and chill them in the refrigerator for extra effect. Serve in the next 48 hours.
Many people believe that CBD is a herb, and it won’t do great in a recipe. I’m afraid that’s not right. Cannabidiol is not only a healthy ingredient. It also makes sure the flavor, aroma, and taste of our recipe are never compromised. In fact, the compound makes them a bit more flavorful and delicious. So, which CBD recipe are you trying this winter?